Statistics

2.13.2014

Risotto Finto con Spinaci - QUICK Spinach Risotto

Yes, I am still cooking! It's just that I am doing lots of other stuff, too!!
Today I needed a quick lunch. I don't make risotto very often because of the time it takes to make it! Make your broth, brown the rice, add the broth one soup dipper at a time, allow it to simmer with the rice until it is absorbed, add another... and so on, and so on! Finally at the end, add a bit of butter to thicken things up and maybe after 30 minutes (longer if you use whole grain rice like I do) you can eat.


Well! This is what I did today! I cooked my spinach and rice separately. Then I chopped up some bacon and put it in the pan to fry with a clove of garlic. While that was frying I chopped up the cooked, drained spinach. By this time my rice was just about done. I drained it and added it to the bacon mix with a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. I added about a teaspoon of bouillon powder (you can crumble up a bouillon cube) and about a quarter cup of white wine. I mixed it all together over high heat, lowered the heat and let it simmer for about 2 minutes until the rice was perfectly cooked... that's it!

Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment