Ingredients for 2 servings
- 150 gr. (about 5 oz) of white tuna (I sent my son down to the Pizzicheria to buy it, they sell it in pieces from a huge can, the quality is supreme!)
- 1 or 2 fresh onions (I only had 1, so I added a bit of red onion)
- Fresh chives, if you have them in the house
- Cured spicy black olives (you can use green, or even plain black olives)
- 6 oz of spaghettini (thin spaghetti)
Put the water on to boil.
Chop the onions and chives.
Pit the olives.
Put 2 T of extra virgin olive oil in a large fry pan and start to sauté the onions and olives over medium heat.
In the meantime, flake the tuna and add it to the pan. You can put in a splash of dry white wine at this point. I did! Your water will be boiling so put the pasta in to cook. Don't overcook it!
When the pasta is cooked the way you like, remove it from the water directly to the fry pan with a pasta fork. This way some of the cooking water goes with it so your pasta will not be too dry. If you don't have a pasta fork, you can drain it in a colander and keep some of the cooking water to add to the pan.
Now "salta" the spaghetti to coat with the tuna sauce. That's all there is to it! So remember, if you have tuna, olives and onions in your pantry.. you have a gourmet dish in the making!
and... as Julia Child would have said, had she spoken Italian...